We regret to announce that the Rotary International Convention, scheduled for 6-10 June 2020, in Honolulu, Hawaii, USA, has been canceled in response to the ongoing threat of COVID-19, the illness caused by the novel coronavirus.
We are sorry that we will not see you in Honolulu this year, but this decision is necessary to protect the health of everyone involved.
At this time, we kindly ask that you do not contact RI Registration to inquire about your registration, ticket or housing cancellations as we work diligently to inform all attendees.
Here is some additional information about refunds and cancellations:
- Everyone who registered for the convention or the Rotaract, Youth Exchange Officers, and Rotary and the United Nations preconvention events will receive a full refund. You can help expedite the process by canceling your registrations online using your My Rotary account.
- All exhibitors will also receive full refunds. You do not need to take any action at this time.
- Those who had already canceled their registrations will receive full refunds, including refunds of the $50 cancellation fee.
- Those who reserved accommodations within Rotary’s hotel block will be able to cancel their reservations without being charged a fee. We’ll provide more information soon.
- Contact your airline or travel agency to cancel your flight reservation. Many airlines are updating their policies on flight cancellations and changes because of the travel restrictions that many countries have put in place.
- The Host Organization Committee will determine how to handle reimbursement of host-ticketed events and will contact attendees directly.
In the weeks leading up to this decision, we monitored developments closely and followed the recommendations of the World Health Organization (WHO), the U.S. State Department, and the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). As a result, several Rotary events and training meetings around the world were canceled as a safety precaution. Unfortunately, as COVID-19 continues to spread rapidly, we made the difficult decision to cancel our annual convention as well, to protect the health and safety of attendees, Rotary staff, and the Honolulu community.
We will post more details as they become available.
Read the latest information on how Rotary is responding to the impact the COVID-19 outbreak is having on operations, events, and members.